The mission of the Jonathan Alder Guidance Department is to be committed to ethical practice at all times and to meet the unique intellectual, physical, social, and emotional needs of each student.
A variety of services are provided to support this effort. Counselors assist students/parents:
- with the college selection process
- by presenting information through classroom guidance activities
- by providing opportunities to visit with college representatives who come to our campus each fall
- by giving students information regarding the ACT, SAT, PSAT, PLAN, OGT and PARCC testing programs
- by meeting with parents/students
- by working with students individually, by giving students/parents scheduling information and helping to formulate a 4 year course selection plan
- by communicating with students/parents frequently.