- Latchkey students will meet at the old PCES building and ride a shuttle bus to the new building.
- If you live in the village and wish to have your child walk to the old PCES building for shuttle service to the new building, they will be boarding bus #8, #15, or #23 at 8:20 AM. Lines and warning signs were painted to give the children a visual reminder to stay away from the bus until it comes to a complete stop.
- Students need to be dropped off at the new building between 8:25 and 8:35 AM. We have morning professional development and staff meetings, so there is no one assigned to morning duty prior to 8:25 AM. Please do not drop your child off prior to 8:25 AM as there will be no one to supervise him or her. Anyone eating breakfast will enter the cafeteria from the back of the building at 8:25 AM.
- Do not enter the north drive bus loop. Use only the south entrance (with the marked turn lane) to enter the parking lot.
- In inclement weather (rainy or wind chill below 20 degrees), students may be dropped off along the sidewalk as described below and may enter the building through the side doors (north event entrance). They will wait in their assigned lobby/cafeteria spaces until the entry bell rings at 8:35.
- If there is no staff member outside (after 8:45 AM), you need to park in the lot and walk your child in the front doors to the office to sign them in tardy.
If you are dropping your child off along the sidewalk:
Make an immediate right and stay to the right in the line of traffic. Please pull around along the sidewalk as far as possible (even as far up as the front main entrance) before letting your child out of your vehicle on the passenger side. We use the entire length of the sidewalks (north-south and east-west) for child drop-off. After your child has exited your vehicle, please pull out into the left lane, watch for pedestrian traffic in crosswalks, and keep moving in the left lane to exit the lot. As cars exit the right lane, please pull forward in the right lane. Please do not pass vehicles on the left and then try to cut back over to the right. Stay to the right until your child has been dropped off. Parents must also stay inside their vehicles and keep their vehicles running in the drop-off lane. The children will walk around the north side of the building to the playground and wait until the entry bell rings at 8:35 AM.
If your child needs assistance exiting the vehicle or you would like to walk your child around to the playground:
Do not wait in the drop-off lane. Instead of making an immediate right, proceed to the second parking area, make a right turn, and park in the empty spaces closest to the building. Please use designated crosswalks and sidewalks to safely escort your child across the drive, around the building, and to the playground.
If you are the parent of a preschool student:
You must park in a space in the parking lot and walk your child to the southeast front entrance (at the end of the 1st grade hallway) to sign him/her in.