As a Freshman, you should:
- Develop a disciplined study plan by studying at least 1 1/2 hours each night. After homework is complete, you should review each subject for 10 minutes.
- Work hard to get good grades. The grades you get your freshman year will go on your transcript and will be figured into your G.P.A. Make sure you are working up to your academic potential. Freshman year grades are very important.
- Ask for help when you need it. Teachers are the best resources for success in school. Create study-buddies, working together with people from your class can often help you understand the material better or challenge you to get better grades.
- Do career searches. (Naviance has great career searchefeatures) Explore your interests and possible careers.
- Community Service/Sports/Activities - Participate in extra and co-curricular activities-both school sponsored and non-school sponsored. Colleges really look for community service. The more "well rounded" you are the more colleges will want you (as long as your GPA and test scores are good). Some scholarships are based on community service.
- Begin to look at colleges in Naviancet. Have them send you their information packets. Visit some college campuses virtually.